Mountain ocean skin trip is a coconut-based moisturizer. It has a smooth feel and is light on the skin. This moisturizer can very well be labeled unique among the others. It is non-greasy, absorbs extremely fast, protects, quickly replenishes skin moisture, and soothes the skin. It is blended with aloe vera, distilled lanolin and coconut oil. Skin Trip’s formula supplies the skin with the needed nutrients and also reduces natural moisture evaporation effectively. It is PH balanced and perfect for use after shower, sun, and shaving. We are aware that there are several other moisturizers with almost the same benefits so what makes this particular one unique? Maybe not necessarily unique but effective. The point of using products is for the effectiveness it brings so read on as we review this moisturizer.
Karen Benjamin is the brain behind Skin Trip. He created it in the dry hot climate of Colorado where the sun is up to ninety percent of the year with a high mile altitude. This weather condition increases the tendency of the skin suffering from sun exposure, windburn, and dryness. This lotion was formulated with children, men, women, sports enthusiasts, and old people in mind. Anyone who needs an effective and natural daily moisturizer can use it. Since 1971, Mountain Skin Trip has won several people over whom have all benefited from the benefits it provides. The ingredients used in making it are not only safe but also biodegradable and cruelty-free. This brand has a signature fragrance gotten from coconut perfume oil. It is paraben and phthalates free hence reducing or preventing allergy occurrence.
Is It Safe To Use?
Here are the lists of the ingredients used in the formulation of this moisturizer:
- Purified water: Not your regular water but rather a deionized one. This water is boiled to avoid any microbial contamination.
- Coconut oil (Cocos Nucifera): This is a white, highly saturated semisolid fat from coconut kernels. This ingredient is commonly used in manufacturing shampoos and baby soaps. It lathers easily and is a good cleanser. Coconut oil is often mixed with other oils or fat.
- Leaf juice of aloe barbedensis – Here is a plant that serves as a first-aid plant gotten from an aloe leaf. Aloe possesses some softening effects in lotions.
- Oil from hybrid safflower – A unique cosmetic safflower oil that is known to protect and nourish the skin. It also has emollient properties.
- Sorbitol – Sorbitol is gotten from fruit and it works to stabilize the lotion. It also gives the lotion a lubricious feel.
- Cetearyl alcohol – This alcohol is synthesized from the oil of coconut fruit. It is a waxy like an alcohol fatty substance that helps in emulsifying oil.
- Emulsifying wax – Extracted from the oil of coconut oil, this high fatty wax of alcohol provides firmness and pearliness.
- Stearic acid – An ingredient with harsh effects that are commonly linked with acids. It belongs to an emulsifying system that affects the final product’s consistency significantly. It is a natural waxy fatty acid gotten from vegetables.
- Lanolin alcohol – Lanolin is gotten from sheep’s wool and is regarded as a genuine moisturizer. It works as an emollient and is good for softening and smoothing the skin. This brand distills its lanolin to remove any impurity that can cause allergy.
- Dimethicone – A derivative of silicon that plays a part in repelling water and leaving a smooth soft feel to the skin without it being oily or sticky.
- Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium – This natural triglyceride is gotten from the oil of safflower. It is a sustainable ingredient that contains high linoleic acid levels, so there will be even distribution of essential fatty acid to the skin, giving it lasting conditioning and repairing damaged skin.
- Phenoxyethanol – It is synthetically produced preservative that occurs at low levels naturally in your green tea.
- Behentrimonium methosulfate – This is a conditioning agent for the skin and an emulsifier gotten from behenic acid, which is usually found in the oil of mustard seed and canola oil.
- Cetrimonium chloride – Here is an organic preservative and emulsifier that protects your skin when it loses its water-soluble formulations.
- Caprylic glycol – It is a humectant that helps in attracting skin moisture. It is derived from palm and coconut oil.
- Fragrance – A coconut scent fragrance, that is gotten from essential coconut perfume oil. It is blended alongside other fragrances to get a unique branded fragrance. It contains no parabens or phthalates, and people get allergic.
All these ingredients are combined to give you Mountain Ocean Skin Trip moisturizer as you know it.
Just like most other lotions, you can use the mountain Ocean skin trip at any time. Some prefer to apply it during the night or day time.
What Are The Side Effects, if any?
There are possibilities of side effects resulting from the use of this particular moisturizer, especially for those with sensitive skin who may experience irritation, itchiness, skin reddening, or other allergic reactions.
If you are not sure how your skin will react to this or if it is your first time using it, it is best to do a parchment test with it. What does this mean? It means applying a tiny amount of this lotion on a small area of the skin to see how it reacts. If there are no strange reactions, then you can mark it safe and proceed full use, but if along the line, you begin noticing some changes discontinue use and see a dermatologist.
What Are The Benefits?
The benefits of this moisturizer include enhancing skin moisture, protecting, and nourishing the skin. It also repairs damaged skin and acts as an emulsifier.
It will also condition your skin and assist in supplying the needful fatty acid. The emulsifying wax in it aids in making the skin firm.
Mountain Ocean Skin Trip is sold at $29. This brand is distinguished from others by its uniquely mixed coconut fragrance. Also, the fact that it is cruelty-free is a bonus, not to mention that it is free of both phthalates and parabens.
Company Address, Phone Number, and website
- Boulder, CO 80301
- [email protected]
5 positive reviews
5 negative reviews
Where to buy
Link to the product page: https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Ocean-Moisturizer-Coconut-8-Ounces/dp/B001H54VI4