Your hair is considered a crowning glory and beneath it lays the scalp which is responsible for healthy hair growth. Just like the rest of the body which has its skin, the scalp is considered the skin of the hair and several issues may arise that could cause hair loss and other hair and scalp issues. Because of this, there are many best hair growth products for black hair being released in the market these days. One thing to remember is that a healthy scalp would produce healthy and strong hair so it’s important to not neglect the role of the scalp in hair growth. One of the many reasons why we develop such hair and scalp conditions is genetics or hereditary but some could be caused by infections, malnutrition, and other scalp issues.
Hair thinning and slow growth of hair are commonly experienced by men but little do we know that at least 60 million women in the US are on the same boat, too. The fullness and the growth of hair could be a result brought about by protein deficiency, hormonal changes, stress, and other known factors. So it’s not a surprise that men and women alike these days are looking for solutions to grow their hair back in long, shiny, black strands. You have the option to choose from various brands and products and in this read, we will talk more about the 12 best hair growth products for black hair, the scalp conditions that could lead to your hair growth issues and we’ll finish it off with tips on how to take care of your hair and scalp.
Scalp Conditions Leading To Hair Loss
We have already discussed some of the possibilities as to why hair loss or hair problems occur. In this section, we will talk more about scalp conditions that would eventually lead to hair loss or thinning of hair. Scalp conditions may include hair breakage, damage, and even loss. If you notice that you have any of these conditions, the growth of your hair might be affected.
- Alopecia Areata: It’s an autoimmune disease that gives off a patch and a balding pattern in your scalp.
- Male Pattern Baldness: It’s common for males and most usually, it’s a genetic hormone causing baldness and thinning.
- Lichen planus: This causes hair loss as well as scalp discoloration.
- Thyroid conditions: You may have either of these thyroid conditions that could be leading causes of your hair thinning and hair loss: underactive thyroid or hypothyroidism; Hashimoto’s disease that attacks the thyroid glands and an overactive thyroid hormone which is called hyperthyroidism.
- Stress: It’s a leading cause of hair loss.
- Medications: Blood thinners, birth control pills, as well as other medicines for heart disease depression, and arthritis, may be causes of thinning hair.
- Drop-in hormones: Hormones play a huge part in hair growth so you can expect adverse effects after major changes such as giving birth or pregnancy.
- Eating disorders: Bulimia and anorexia can lead to hair loss, too.
- Hair tools and chemicals.
Are you fond of having your hair bleached or using strong chemicals? This could lead to hair loss and thinning.
Hair loss comes one way or another and it may happen drastically or slowly. Here are some of the symptoms that you might experience if you are going through the same conditions above.
- Hair thinning
- Rashes in the scalp
- Breakages and Weak hair
- Scaly Patches
12 Best Hair Growth Products For Black Hair
With the ever-growing need for products focused on hair growth and hair health, manufacturers and the health and wellness industry have not failed us. Here are 12 of the considered best hair growth products for black hair.
1. Sky Organics Castor Oil
With over 4000 reviews on Amazon, this castor oil could be applied as a hair mask for hair growth. Apply it for 15 minutes in wet hair, rinse, and then do your regular shampoo and conditioner routine.
2. Pura d’Or Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo
This product is quite costly and may have a scent that could be off-putting for some but it swears to hydrate your hair, support the growth of hair, and prevents any hair loss. It’s also paraben-free.
3. Zhou Nutrition Hairfluence
You can lean to this product if you are having issues with nutrient deficiency. It’s rich in keratin, collagen, and many nutrients and vitamins good for the hair.
4. Sports Research Biotin 5000 Mg
It’s a gel that claims to have biotin and coconut oil that helps nutrient absorption.
Key ingredients of these products are Aloe Vera, argan oil, and rosemary which are all you would ever need for glowing, shiny, and healthy black hair.
6. SugarBearHair Vitamins
Sugarbear has a bandwagon of fans on Amazon and Instagram. It’s a new cult favorite for stunning hair.
7. Wild Growth Hair Oil, 4 fl oz
With a combination of plant extracts and oils, it’s a natural elixir for hair growth and healthier roots.
8. Hair Surge Shampoo by Ultrax Labs
This contains caffeine compounds that are effective for stimulating life in the hair follicles leading to thickened hair. It also blocks the hormones causing baldness.
9. Mane ‘n Tail Olive Oil Complex Shampoo and Conditioner
This conditioner and shampoo give out a bouncy, hair-thick, and enhanced hair growth. Although it’s not recommended for those with oily types of hair, it’s best for others who are not.
10. Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask
It’s a hair mask that strengthens and repairs color-damaged and thinning hair.
11. Maple Holistics Natural Mint Shampoo and Conditioner
If you want a clarifying shampoo that has eucalyptus, peppermint, and spearmint, Ample Holistics is your best choice. It’s good for those with dandruff, too.
12. iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
This one is a LED hair therapy helmet that aims to help with the thinning, shedding, and baldness of hair. It could be expensive but the good thing is that there is a 100% money-back period for the first 6 months.
Scalp and Hair Care Tips
If you are looking for the best hair growth products for black hair, you would also need to know what ingredients you need to look for when you buy hair growth and hair health products. Here are some tips for you.
- Preserve Moisture. Dry skin causes the scalp tissues to be dehydrated so do not forget to moisturize your hair now and then.
- Exfoliate. Yes, our hair has skin and it’s the scalp. Exfoliate regularly just like how you do with your face and skin.
- Avoid Chemical Treatments. Excessive treatments may contain harmful chemicals that could remove healthy and essential oils. Limit usage if possible.
- Eat right. A balanced diet of vegetables and fruits is a key ingredient for bouncy and natural-looking hair. What you eat reflects your body and your hair, too.